Friday 18 January 2013

First game of 40K this year

So I had my first game of 40K this year!
I haven't played as much 40K as I would like, as I have been playing more Necromunda and Warmachine lately.

A friend of mine Scott challeged me to a 2000 point game.  He plays Imperial Guard, I chose to use my Grey Knights.  They are my secondary army in 40K I mainly play Orks so I wanted some practice with them.

The battle lines are drawn...

Scott is new to the game, he has played under 5 games I think so we took it slow and had a friendly game.  Although I think that Grey Knights where a bit too much and the game ended in my favor.  He is a learn from your mistakes kinda guy, so I offered my advice mainly at the end of the game as to what I would have done had I been in his place.

A nice part of the game was that we got to have a Character fight!  My Grand Master Vs Lord Castellan Creed!


It was a fun game but I promised that I would use my Orks next time...

3 comments:

  1. Looks fun!

    If ever you fancy a friendly game at the Lair with another Guard player (been playing them for years but I'm VERY out of touch with 6th ed as I've not been along much since September) then by all means give me a shout!

    I'm a fan of friendly games and it's ages since I was last slaughtered by orks!

    - Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great! I have only played a few games of 6th so the more the better. When do you go up the Lair normally?

      Delete
    2. When I get back into the swing of things, Thursdays - Wife and work permitting.

      I may be up for a game this coming Thursday (first Thurs in Feb) - I'll have to check. In the meantime, you're welcome to email me: my address is on my blogger profile.

      Delete