Tuesday 15 September 2015

Converted Gobber Tinker

A while ago I picked up a second unit of Field Mechaniks to use in eHaley's tier list.

I was thinking about them and decided that I was unlikely to ever run two full units, so I figured I would be able to spare a gobber grunt for this conversion.

I ordered a hand cart from War bases and it arrived today so I got started!




All the pieces popped out of the wooden "sprue" easily


It was nice and easy to assemble, although it doesn't come with instructions the parts are laid out on the sprue in a way that they show where they all fit.




Grabbed some random bits of Jack parts and other things from my bits box


And here is the finished result!


I was going to put a 'jacks boiler strapped to the back of the cart, but it was making it tip over. I attached a set of pouches instead, presumably for tools and such.


I made a belt of green stuff to attach the pistol to the cart, I wanted to make sure the model was armed with the appropriate weaponry that it has on the card.


Contents of the gobber cart include the right arm from an old metal Centurion, the head of an Ironclad (from the model I used to make Gallant) and some sheet metal. 

Over all I am really happy with the conversion and think it resembles the original model enough to not cause problems in-game.


This is the official model. I'm not a great fan of it, and it is rather expensive for a one point model... 

What do you guys think of the conversion? Would you be happy to play against it?
It should meet more than 50% Privateer Press model parts and be usable in a tournament.

The cart can be found on War Bases site here

No comments:

Post a Comment